Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested for burglary, assault with a deadly weapon on a police officer: reports

Pat O'Brien, lead guitarist for death metal band Cannibal Corpse, was arrested Monday after his Northdale, Florida home caught fire and ammunition exploded, according to multiple reports. Firefighters were able to contain the flames, Fox 13, but faced difficulty due to the ammo detonating inside the residence causing flames to shoot through the roof. While … Continue reading “Cannibal Corpse guitarist arrested for burglary, assault with a deadly weapon on a police officer: reports”

Pat O'Brien, lead guitarist for death metal band Cannibal Corpse, was arrested Monday after his Northdale, Florida home caught fire and ammunition exploded, according to multiple reports.

Firefighters were able to contain the flames, Fox 13, but faced difficulty due to the ammo detonating inside the residence causing flames to shoot through the roof.

While firefighters battled the blaze, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's office responded to a burglary call at a different house nearby. Authorities told Fox 13 that O'Brien, 53, was arrested after entering the home without permission and refusing to leave.

O'Brien allegedly pushed a woman down in the home before entering the property's backyard.

Responding deputies claim that they found O'Brien hiding near a fence near his own property and that he charged at officers with a knife and wouldn't obey commands.

Police reportedly tased O'Brien to subdue him before he was taken into custody.

No one was hurt in the fire nor in the burglary.

The musician was charged with burglary of an occupied dwelling, as well as assault and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon on a law enforcement officer.

O'Brien has not been charged in the house fire at this time, though police claimed there were military-style flamethrowers in the home.

Reps for O'Brien and Cannibal Corpse did not immediately return Fox News' request for comment.

Logan Paul’s tiger cub YouTube video leads to charges against California man

A California man faces animal abuse charges in connection with the tiger cub that appeared in a YouTube video for controversial vlogger Logan Paul, authorities said Wednesday.

Nicholas Perkins, 32, was charged with illegal possession and mistreatment of a tiger and possession of anabolic steroids, Los Angeles City Attorney's Office said in a news release. He faces up to two years and 6 months in jail if convicted.

Perkins was arrested following Paul’s YouTube video posted in October 2017 and an anonymous tip to the state Department of Fish and Wildlife about seeing a model pose with the tiger cub on Instagram.

In the video, which received more than 8.2 million views as of Thursday, Paul brings his small dog to play with the car. They growl as each other as the three men watch in amusement at a home’s backyard. Paul later posted the video titled, “KONG MEETS A BABY TIGER!**Showdown**” with a disclaimer that stated it was “filmed in a closed environment with animal professionals.” It's unclear if one of the three men was Perkins.

"Tigers and other exotic animals are not pets," Los Angeles city attorney Mike Feuer said in a news release on Wednesday. "Keeping these potentially dangerous animals in a residential setting poses a serious safety risk for residents and animals alike.”

Video

Officials executed a search warrant on Perkins’ home in November 2017 and took the cub into custody. The car was then placed in a large rescue and sanctuary facility in Los Angeles and has since recovered from its injuries.

“During the search, there was extensive evidence of the animal’s poor living conditions and the presence of anabolic steroids. The defendant was allegedly feeding the tiger cub kitten milk replacement formula with a baby bottle,” Los Angeles City Attorney's Office said.

YOUTUBE STAR LOGAN PAUL'S RISE AND FALL FROM INTERNET FAME

Paul received a wave of criticism earlier this year after he posted a video which showed the body of an apparent suicide victim in Japan.

In the controversial video titled “We found a dead body in the Japanese Suicide Forest,” which was taken down, Paul and his companions came across the body in the Aokigahara forest at the base of Mount Fuji — a frequent site of suicides in the country.

Paul received major backlash for the video and prompted YouTube to temporarily suspend ads on his channel — a main source of the money he earns as a vlogger.

Fox News’ Madeline Farber contributed to this report.

Katherine Lam is a breaking and trending news digital producer for Fox News. Follow her on Twitter at @bykatherinelam

Alec Baldwin arraigned in parking spot punch assault case, enters not guilty plea

Alec Baldwin arrived at a New York court Monday morning to answer assault and harassment charges after being accused of punching a man in the face over a parking space.

The hot-headed actor, who arrived solo in a black SUV and ignored reporters' calls for comment as he was escorted into the courthouse by police officers, entered a plea of not guilty on the misdemeanor and violation-level charges. He has said any assertion that he punched anyone over a parking spot is false.

Baldwin was arrested on Nov. 2. Police were told a driver pulled into a Manhattan parking space that one of Baldwin's relatives was holding for him, and the two men started quarreling and pushing each other.

VIDEO: BALDWIN ARRIVES IN COURT

The other driver told police Baldwin punched or slapped him. The 49-year-old man was taken to a hospital complaining of jaw pain and redness around his neck.

Baldwin later tweeted the episode was "egregiously misstated."

ALEC BALDWIN'S ARRESTS AND SCANDALS THROUGH THE YEARS, FROM PARKING SPACE FIGHT TO WRONG-WAY BIKE TICKET

He is expected back in court on January 23.

In this Nov. 2, 2018, file photo, actor Alec Baldwin walks out of the New York Police Department’s 10th Precinct, in New York, after he was arrested for allegedly punching a man in the face during a dispute over a parking spot outside his New York City home, authorities said. (AP)

Hours after his arrest, Baldwin took to his family foundation's Twitter account to address the incident.

"Normally, I would not comment on something as egregiously misstated as today’s story," Baldwin tweeted hours after his arrest earlier this month.

"However, the assertion that I punched anyone over a parking spot is false," he continued. "I wanted to go on the record stating as much. I realize that it has become a sport to tag people was many negative charges and defaming allegations as possible for the purposes of clickbait entertainment."

This is not the first arrest for the notoriously tantrum-prone star. Baldwin was cuffed in 2014 after he became "belligerent" with a police officer who stopped him on his bike after he was riding in the wrong direction.

ALEC BALDWIN'S ABC TALK SHOW TANKS IN RATINGS

NYPD told Fox News at the time that Baldwin, who had no identification on him, "refused to [identify] himself, became belligerent, cursing and yelling. He was then placed in handcuffs."

Baldwin went on a Twitter rant after that arrest, posting the arresting officer's name and badge number. The actor tweeted that he was taken into custody while "photographers outside my home ONCE AGAIN terrified my daughter and nearly hit her with a camera. The police did nothing."

He then added, "New York City is a mismanaged carnival of stupidity that is desperate for revenue and anxious to criminalize behavior once thought benign."

Baldwin has also had several other run-ins with the general public that did not involve law enforcement.

ALEC BALDWIN CALLS FOR ‘OVERTHROW’ OF TRUMP AT DEM FUNDRAISER

In 2011, the former "30 Rock" star was removed from a flight after refusing to stop playing the game "Words With Friends" on his phone.

In 2012, he was accused by a photographer of getting aggressive with him on a New York City street, and in 2013 another photographer filed a harassment claim against Baldwin.

The prickly man about town had been laying relatively low recently when it came to street scuffles, making more headlines for his frequent attacks on President Trump and his popular parody of the president on "Saturday Night Live."

Fox News' Tamara Gitt and the Associated Press contributed to this report.

You can find Sasha Savitsky on Twitter @SashaFB.