Nigella Lawson says she’s asked US TV stations to stop airbrushing her ‘sticking-out stomach’

British celebrity chef Nigella Lawson recently took to Twitter to speak out about airbrushing, revealing that she’s had to tell U.S. television stations to stop photoshopping her “sticking-out stomach.” The chef — who hosted several shows including “Nigella Kitchen” on the Food Network and “The Taste” on ABC — wrote in a tweet Friday that it was … Continue reading “Nigella Lawson says she’s asked US TV stations to stop airbrushing her ‘sticking-out stomach’”

British celebrity chef Nigella Lawson recently took to Twitter to speak out about airbrushing, revealing that she’s had to tell U.S. television stations to stop photoshopping her “sticking-out stomach.”

The chef — who hosted several shows including “Nigella Kitchen” on the Food Network and “The Taste” on ABC — wrote in a tweet Friday that it was harmful to have a negative view of fat.

SEE IT: JOURNALIST IN JORDAN ARRESTED FOR PHOTOSHOPPING 'SALT BAE' INTO 'LAST SUPPER'

“I’ve had to tell American TV stations not to airbrush my sticking out stomach. The hatred of fat, and assumption that we’d all be grateful to be airbrushed thinner is pernicious,” Lawson tweeted in response to “The Good Place” actress Jameela Jamil’s comments on photoshopping.

Jamil took to Twitter to hit back at Irish columnist Nadine O’Regan, who criticized the actress and claimed she was “beseeching us to look uglier for the benefit of society.”

“She thinks you’re ‘UGLY’ just as you are. She also doesn’t understand that a huge part of why I hate photoshop is how it’s used as a tool of erasure of ethnicities, our skin color, our features. This is embarrassing [sic] white privilege and deep misogyny. Slow clap @NadineORegan,” the actress wrote in response to the column.

MARIO BATALI SAYS IT'S BEEN A 'BAD YEAR'

Lawson previously spoke out about television executives trying to photoshop her stomach in billboards. The celebrity chef told food blog “The Splendid Table” in 2013 that she didn’t want to get rid of how her stomach looked in photographs because she “didn’t want to become what [she’s] not.”

“I could see them wincing when they saw my tummy bulging out of my dress. And when I say bulging, I don’t mean huge. I just mean you could see the roundness. It was a tummy,” she said, according to the Telegraph. “I really didn’t want to become what I’m not. I’m all for taking exercise so that I can eat as much as I can without getting too huge but, nevertheless, I didn’t want to be turned into a plastic creation.”

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE NEWS

“I wouldn’t want to have to pretend to be something I’m not just for my own anxiety levels,” she added.

Katherine Lam is a breaking and trending news digital producer for Fox News. Follow her on Twitter at @bykatherinelam

Journalist in Jordan arrested for inserting Salt Bae into ‘The Last Supper’

A Jordanian journalist and media personality was arrested Monday for publishing a photoshopped image of "The Last Supper" featuring Salt Bae.

Mohammad Al Wakeel, who runs the website Al Wakeel News, was detained and denied bail by Jordan authorities after sharing the image on the website’s official Facebook page.

TOURIST AT ROMAN COLOSSEUM CAUGHT STEALING BRICK DURING GUIDED TOUR

The cartoon, which shows Turkish chef Nusret Gökçe, better known as Salt Bae, sprinkling salt on Jesus’ food, was deemed “offensive to Jesus by Christians and Muslims in Jordan,” Roya News reports.

Al Wakeel removed the image and apologized, saying it was a mistake by an editor in training, according to Grub Street. But that didn’t stop the government from pursuing charges against the man.

The journalist remains under investigation and was questioned by a Cybercrime Unit for the “cartoon ridiculing Jesus,” which is said to have incited a sectarian strife, Roya News reports.

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE NEWS

If found guilty, the charge could land Al Wakeel in jail anywhere from six months to three years, according to The Daily Mail.

Michelle Gant is a writer and editor for Fox News Lifestyle.

Mario Batali says it’s been a ‘bad year,’ claims he’s ‘not going to live life in public anymore’

Disgraced celebrity chef Mario Batali made a rare public statement one year after being accused of sexual misconduct, declaring that although he is a “lucky man,” 2018 has been a “bad year” and that he is “not going to live life in public anymore.”

New York Magazine published a story by Eric Konigsberg on Sunday, detailing the writer’s road trip to Northport, Mich., to speak with the former Food Network star, 12 months after Eater broke the bombshell report that Batali had been accused of sexual misconduct by multiple women. According to the magazine, Batali has been keeping a low profile on the Leelanau Peninsula, where he and his family have owned a summer home since 2003.

Video

HOMELESS WOMAN THROWS HOT COFFEE AT DOUGHNUT SHOP OWNER'S FACE

When Konigsberg ran into the 58-year-old chef in the village’s town green, dressed in his signature fleece vest and Crocs, the former restaurateur declined Konigsberg’s request for an interview: “I’m not going to live my life in public anymore,” he said.

He did say he planned to stay in the Wolverine state “at least until the end of the year.”

Video

“I’m a lucky man,” Batali reportedly said. “Well, it’s been a bad year, a bad year.”

Batali first announced he would be stepping away from the “day-to-day operations” of his entire restaurant group in December 2017, following Eater's initial report. Additional accusations of inappropriate behavior surfaced in the following weeks, including accounts from a former Del Posto hostess who said Batali touched her breasts, and that of a former manager at celebrity hot-spot The Spotted Pig who claimed to have seen Batali grope and kiss a woman who appeared unconscious.

Amid the accusations, ABC relieved Batali of his co-hosting duties on ABC’s “The Chew,” and a revival of his “Molto Mario” series on the Food Network was canceled.

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE NEWS

In April, the New York Times further reported that Batali was “actively exploring” ideas for his future career. Following the latest allegations, Batali said in a statement that he is “not attempting a professional comeback,” but rather a “personal path forward” in which he “can continue in by charitable endeavors.”

Fox News’ Michael Bartiromo contributed to this report.

Janine Puhak is an editor for Fox News Lifestyle. Follow her on Twitter at @JaninePuhak

‘Bizarre Foods’ host Andrew Zimmern apologizes for ‘insulting’ comments about Chinese restaurants

"Bizarre Foods" host Andrew Zimmern is apologizing for his comments about Chinese restaurants after he was criticized as culturally insensitive.

Zimmern just opened his own Chinese restaurant, Lucky Cricket, in Minnesota.

In this Thursday, July 20, 2017, file photo, Travel Channel’s "Bizzare Foods" host Andrew Zimmern, a four-time James Beard award-winning chef, samples Taiwanese noodle soup and pork roll at Happy Stony Noodle in Elmhurst, Queens in New York. (AP)

Last week, Fast Company posted an interview from the summer in which Zimmern says he was saving the souls of people who dine at "(expletive) restaurants masquerading as Chinese food" in the Midwest.

CHICK-FIL-A DEFENDS ITSELF AFTER BEING EXCLUDED BY PRIVATE NEW JERSEY UNIVERSITY OVER ITS CHRISTIAN VALUES

The Eater said his remarks represented cultural elitism. The Washington Post called them insulting.

In a statement to the Star Tribune, Zimmern admits his comments sounded arrogant. He took responsibility and attempted to clarify, saying many diners in the Twin Cities area eat Chinese food in malls, and he hopes to expose them to the "greatness of Chinese and Chinese-American cuisines."

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE NEWS

This story was originally published by the Associated Press.

‘Bizarre Foods’ host Andrew Zimmern apologizes for ‘insulting’ comments about Chinese restaurants

"Bizarre Foods" host Andrew Zimmern is apologizing for his comments about Chinese restaurants after he was criticized as culturally insensitive.

Zimmern just opened his own Chinese restaurant, Lucky Cricket, in Minnesota.

In this Thursday, July 20, 2017, file photo, Travel Channel’s "Bizzare Foods" host Andrew Zimmern, a four-time James Beard award-winning chef, samples Taiwanese noodle soup and pork roll at Happy Stony Noodle in Elmhurst, Queens in New York. (AP)

Last week, Fast Company posted an interview from the summer in which Zimmern says he was saving the souls of people who dine at "(expletive) restaurants masquerading as Chinese food" in the Midwest.

CHICK-FIL-A DEFENDS ITSELF AFTER BEING EXCLUDED BY PRIVATE NEW JERSEY UNIVERSITY OVER ITS CHRISTIAN VALUES

The Eater said his remarks represented cultural elitism. The Washington Post called them insulting.

In a statement to the Star Tribune, Zimmern admits his comments sounded arrogant. He took responsibility and attempted to clarify, saying many diners in the Twin Cities area eat Chinese food in malls, and he hopes to expose them to the "greatness of Chinese and Chinese-American cuisines."

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE NEWS

This story was originally published by the Associated Press.