Disney Channel actor dropped from show after allegedly arranged to meet with minor: report

A Disney Channel actor who was arrested Friday on suspicion of arranging to meet up with a 13-year-old he met on a dating app for sexual encounters has been dropped by the network, reports said. Stoney Westmoreland, 48, faces four counts of dealing in materials harmful to a minor and one count of enticing a minor by internet … Continue reading “Disney Channel actor dropped from show after allegedly arranged to meet with minor: report”

A Disney Channel actor who was arrested Friday on suspicion of arranging to meet up with a 13-year-old he met on a dating app for sexual encounters has been dropped by the network, reports said.

Stoney Westmoreland, 48, faces four counts of dealing in materials harmful to a minor and one count of enticing a minor by internet or test, all felonies, FOX 13 Salt Lake City reported.

Westmoreland began chatting with a person he believed to be 13-years-old on an app used for "dating and meeting people for the purpose of engaging in sexual activity," according to a probable cause affidavit.

He allegedly sent the teen pornographic photos and asked the teen to engage in sexual activity and to send him nude photos, according to TMZ.

Salt Lake City police arrested the actor when he allegedly used a ride-sharing service to pick up the child, with the intention of taking him to his hotel room, the affidavit said.

Westmoreland is known for his recurring role as Henry "Ham" Mack in the Disney kids show “Andi Mack.” The show is shot in multiple locations throughout Utah.

He has also appeared in episodes of TV shows like "Scandal," "Breaking Bad," "Better Call Saul" and "NCIS."

In a statement to Fox News on Saturday, a Disney spokesperson said Westmoreland had been released from his role.

"Given the nature of the charges and our responsibility for the welfare of employed minors, we have released him from his recurring role and he will not be returning to work on the series which wraps production on its third season next week," the statement read.

Tisha Campbell joins ‘Last Man Standing’ as recurring character

A popular recurring character from the original "Last Man Standing" on ABC will be making a return on the Fox revival with a twist. "My Wife and Kids" and Martin alumna Tisha Campbell has been tapped to recur on the Fox series as Chuck Larabee’s (Jonathan Adams) wife Carol Larabee.

The role was played by Erika Alexander during "LMS'" run on ABC. It has been recast with sitcom pro Campbell as Alexander was not available due to scheduling issues. Alexander currently recurs on two series, the CW drama "Black Lightning," which films in Vancouver, and HBO comedy "Insecure," which shoots in Los Angeles.

Created by Jack Burditt, "Last Man Standing" stars Tim Allen as Mike Baxter, a happily married father of three daughters, who finds himself the odd man out as he tries to maintain his manliness in a home dominated by women.

Carol, the wife of Mike's neighbor and co-worker Chuck, was introduced in the second season ofLast Man Standing and became best friend to Mike's wife Vanessa (Nancy Travis). In Season 6, "LMS'" last on ABC, Carol accepted a year-long job in California, leaving Chuck behind in Denver.

FOX'S 'LAST MAN STANDING' WINS IN FRIDAY DEMO RATINGS

In addition to Allen, Travis and Adams, the series stars Amanda Fuller as Mike and Vanessa's oldest daughter, Kristin; Molly McCook as their free-spirited second daughter, Mandy; Christoph Sanders as Mike’s charmingly naïve co-worker and Mandy's husband, Kyle Anderson; Jordan Masterson as Kristin's husband, Ryan Vogelson; Jet Jurgenson as Kristin and Ryan's young son, Boyd; and Hector Elizondo as owner of Outdoor Man, Ed Alzate.

Mandy also was recast as Molly Ephraim, who played the role on the original series, opted not to return for the Fox revival.

Video

The "Last Man Standing" follow-up has been a ratings success for Fox, regularly ranking No. 1 on Fridays in the key 18-49 demo. It is the network's most watched entertainment series in Live+Same Day.

In tonight's holiday episode "The Gift of the Mike Guy," Mike finds getting Ed a special Christmas present is easier said than done … for the man who has everything. Meanwhile, Eve returns to visit and Vanessa helps the family realize the importance of their long-standing holiday family traditions.

'LAST MAN STANDING' RETURNS TO STRONG RATINGS ON FOX

"Last Man Standing" is produced by 20th Century Fox Television. Kevin Abbott, Matt Berry, Kevin Hench, Ed Yeagher, Allen, Marty Adelstein, Shawn Levy, Becky Clements, Richard Baker and Rick Messina are executive producers. Abbott also serves as showrunner.

Campbell is best known for her starring roles on two long-running multi-camera comedy series, "My Wife and Kids" opposite Damon Wayans and "Martin" opposite Martin Lawrence, earning multiple NAACP Image Awards for her work on the shows, which are syndicated globally. She has been recurring on Fox drama "Empire" and was recently seen in indie "Blindspotting" opposite Daveed Diggs. Campbell is repped by Tracy Christian at TCA.

‘The Conners’ gets expanded second season at ABC: report

Continuing the story of the Conner family without its matriarch was a risky proposition, and, thankfully for ABC, it worked. Spinoff series "The Conners" has done well and, not surprisingly, ABC would like a second installment.

I hear negotiations are underway with the core cast for a 13-episode Season 2. That would be up from the 11 episodes in its current first season and the 9 for the lone season of the "Roseanne" revival. The cast of "The Conners" is led by "Roseanne" alums including Sara Gilbert, who also serves as an executive producer, John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, and Lecy Goranson. As has been the case with the "Roseanne" revival and "The Conners" first season, there are issues with Metcalf and Goodman's busy schedules that need to be worked out but I hear everyone is willing to return and talks are going smoothly.

JOHN GOODMAN SAYS 'THE CONNERS' IS 'GREAT' WITHOUT ROSEANNE BARR

Goodman, Metcalf and Gilbert reportedly were paid $375,000 an episode for Season 1 of "The Conners," up significantly from about $250,000 an episode each got for the new "Roseanne." I hear the trio is expected to get another salary bump for Season 2 of "The Conners." All parties involved declined comment,

Video

Here is why pursuing a second season of "The Conners" has been a no-brainer for ABC. The blue collar family sitcom averages 10.2 million total viewers and a 2.4 adults 18-49 rating (most current). It is the season's No. 1 new comedy in total viewers and 18-49 and ABC's No. 1 comedy this season in total viewers and 18-49 (tied with "Modern Family"). It is also ABC's most-watched series in Live+Same Day and is running neck and neck with "Grey's Anatomy" in 18-49, which is important as broadcast networks put a premium of live viewing for the impact of commercials.

'ROSEANNE' SPINOFF 'THE CONNERS' RE-CASTS DJ'S WIFE

"The Conners" aired its fall finale earlier this week, with the remaining episodes slated to return in January. It is unclear whether negotiations with the cast, reported about by TVLine earlier today, will be completed by then but I hear it's possible.

John Goodman says ‘The Conners’ is ‘great’ without Roseanne Barr

John Goodman may love Roseanne Barr, but he doesn't deem her a necessary part of "The Conners."

TMZ cameras caught up with the actor, who played Barr's husband on "Roseanne" and now her widower on "The Conners," and he was in great spirits about the Barr-free spinoff.

"It's so much fun, man. It's great," he said. "I hope we get a deal for next year. It's wonderful."

JOHN GOODMAN SAYS 'THE CONNERS' IS 'GREAT' WITHOUT ROSEANNE BARR

Goodman, 66, also admitted he hasn't kept in touch with Barr since "Roseanne" was canceled.

Video

ABC canceled the "Roseanne" reboot in May after Barr, also 66, posted a series of racist and anti-Semitic tweets about George Soros and former Barack Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett.

She apologized for the tweets, which she blamed on Ambien.

ROSEANNE BLAMES ABC, AMBIEN, TRUMP, HERSELF AFTER ABC CANCELS SHOW

Goodman previously spoke out in Barr's defense after the incident and pointed out that she gave up her rights to profit from "The Conners" in order for her castmates and crew to continue with the series.

"I know for a fact that she's not a racist," Goodman insisted at the time.

CBS looking to overhaul morning show year after Charlie Rose exit

Amid the sprawling crisis at CBS, Page Six is told that network execs are ready to nuke its struggling morning show and rebuild it from the ground up.

A thriving “CBS This Morning” was thrown into disarray by Charlie Rose’s sudden exit — and we’re told that top brass have come to believe that the show overall is not going to recover.

Rose was brought down by sexual misconduct allegations in November 2017, leaving Gayle King and Norah O’Donnell as anchors. They were later joined by John Dickerson.

CBS STAFFERS 'WANT ANSWERS' AFTER YEAR-LONG CHARLIE ROSE INVESTIGATION

But the impressive momentum that King, O’Donnell and Dickerson developed quickly faltered. “There are real discussions about just starting over — anchors, format, producers. Everything is on the table,” said an insider.

“There are real discussions about just starting over — anchors, format, producers. Everything is on the table.”

— CBS insider

The news comes as the show’s executive producer, Ryan Kadro, is negotiating his exit.

Sources close to Kadro are furious that his exit — revealed Wednesday — is being portrayed in the press as if it were linked to a settlement the network made with three Rose accusers, which was made public the same day. A network insider insisted to Page Six that the timing really is just an “unfortunate coincidence,” and CBS said, “These conversations are unrelated to the settlement.”

We’re told that Kadro decided to leave months ago because he believes the flagging morning show needs “fresh blood and a total revamp” — and he’s not the man to do it. Kadro was also named in the Washington Post’s story about the Rose cover-up.

CBS SAYS IT HAS SETTLED CHARLIE ROSE HARASSMENT SUIT FILED BY 3 WOMEN

Kadro is widely liked by CBS staff and others in the industry, we’re told. When asked how she was Thursday on-air, King — apparently referring to Kadro’s ouster — told a guest, “Not good, not good . . . well, actually that’s another story.”

CBS News President David Rhodes’ anchor moves have been disastrous.

He moved Dickerson from “Face the Nation” to the morning show, and replaced Scott Pelley with Jeff Glor on the evening news, which has lost more than 1 million viewers.

From a CBS News spokesperson: “We have an incredible anchor team, and we are looking forward to 2019.”

Miley Cyrus confirms ‘Black Mirror’ role

Miley Cyrus appeared to clear the air when she addressed rumors over a possible part on the hit Netflix series "Black Mirror."

Cyrus, 26, was asked whether she will have a role in the Emmy Award-winning series' fifth season during an appearance Wednesday on Howard Stern's Sirius XM show. The singer appeared coy when answering, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

AARON SORKIN, SACHA BARON COHEN’S FILM ‘TRIAL OF THE CHICAGO 7’ HALTED: REPORT

"If you guess it, then I will shake my head 'yes,' or 'no,'" she told Stern.

The host told his audience that the "Wrecking Ball" singer will appear on the series.

‘AQUAMAN’ STAR JASON MOMOA ON PROTECTING HIS KIDS FROM FAME: ‘I TURN INTO A BIT OF A DIFFERENT ANIMAL’

Netflix has remained mum on the premiere date of the fifth season but appeared to accidentally tweet earlier this month that "Black Mirror: Bandersnatch" would air on Friday, Dec. 28, Entertainment Weekly reported.

However, the tweet was deleted moments later and the streaming service has not formally announced when Season 5 will premiere.

The show has featured several A-list celebrities, including Bryce Dallas Howard, Jon Hamm and Daniel Kaluuya. Jodie Foster directed the episode “Arkangel” which appeared in the show’s fourth season.

Kathleen Joyce is a breaking/trending news producer for FoxNews.com. You can follow her at @Kathleen_Joyce8 on Twitter.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus opens up about her sister’s death for first time: ‘It was out of the blue’

“Veep” star Julia Louis-Dreyfus opened up for the first time about her younger sister’s death in a magazine interview.

Louis-Dreyfus, 57, spoke to the New Yorker about her hit HBO series, her breast cancer diagnosis and her sister, Emma, who died in August.

Emma died on a camping trip from a fatal seizure, according to authorities. Louis-Dreyfus told the magazine "it was out of the blue."

The Emmy Award-winning star’s sister was found to have “alcohol and cocaine in her system.” The actress dispelled rumors that she and her sister were estranged before her death.

JULIA LOUIS-DREYFUS EXPLAINS WHY SHE MADE HER CANCER DIAGNOSIS PUBLIC

“Given the fact that that heinous s–t came out, I would simply say I’ve kept this under wraps out of reverence for my dearest Emma,” Louis-Dreyfus said.

“It’s been a very bad period of time,” she continued.

JULIA LOUIS-DREYFUS RETURNS TO WORK ON ‘VEEP’ FOLLOWING BREAST CANCER TREATMENT

In 2016, the actress had another loss in her family, her father. She honored him at the 2016 Emmy Awards saying her father’s opinion “was the one that really mattered.” A year later, she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Louis-Dreyfus is in remission and focusing on the last season of “Veep” which is slated to return for its final season next spring.

Kathleen Joyce is a breaking/trending news producer for FoxNews.com. You can follow her at @Kathleen_Joyce8 on Twitter.

Ellen DeGeneres says she’s considering leaving ‘The Ellen DeGeneres Show’

Ellen DeGeneres said she’s considering ending her popular daytime talk show.

The comedian told The New York Times on Wednesday that her hosting duties on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” may come to an end in the next few years. DeGeneres said she recently extended her contract until the summer of 2020, but has grappled with whether or not to retire after that.

She added that conflicting advice from her brother, Vance DeGeneres, and her wife, Portia de Rossi, hasn’t made her decision easier.

“She gets mad when my brother tells me I can’t stop,” DeGeneres said about de Rossi, who has advised the comedian to walk away from the talk show.

“I just think she’s such a brilliant actress and standup that it doesn’t have to be this talk show for her creativity,” de Rossi said about her advice to DeGeneres. “There are other things she could tackle.”

“I don’t see the end of her show as her career-ending,” the “Arrested Development” actress added.

Vance DeGeneres has been urging his sister to continue the talk show because “in the age of Trump, the country needs her positive, unifying voice on television every day.”

“The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” which first aired in September 2003, has been a staple in the daytime talk show lineup with 16 seasons and more than 2,700 episodes under its belt.

“The talk show is me, but I’m also playing a character of a talk-show host,” DeGeneres told the newspaper.

DeGeneres is releasing a Netflix comedy special, “Ellen’s Game of Games,” her first one in 15 years.

Katherine Lam is a breaking and trending news digital producer for Fox News. Follow her on Twitter at @bykatherinelam

‘Dancing with the Stars’ reportedly won’t air in spring 2019

Sorry, "Dancing With the Stars" fans — the show is taking an extended break.

ET can confirm that "DWTS" is not on ABC’s schedule for spring 2019. However, a source close to production anticipates the show will return for the fall season. The news was first reported by TV Line.

Host Tom Bergeron reacted to the news on Wednesday.

"As predicted, we’ll see you in September, and we’ll make sure it’s worth the wait! 😉 ⁦@DancingABC⁩ #DWTS," he tweeted.

'Dancing With the Stars' Couple Alan Bersten and Alexis Ren Are on a Break

Country radio host DJ Bobby Bones took home the mirrorball trophy last month for the show's 27th season in a major upset. Some fans weren't happy with the results — including, apparently, Neil Patrick Harris, who threw shade after the finale aired – and called for a change in how voting is done on the show.

Meanwhile, on Sunday, "Dancing With the Stars: Juniors" crowned its first champion ever – 10-year-old pro skateboarder and surfer Sky Brown, her pro partner, JT Church, and mentor Alan Bersten.

In November, ET spoke to Bones and his pro partner, Sharna Burgess, after their victory, when even they admitted they were shocked by their big win.

Bobby Bones Responds to Neil Patrick Harris' 'Dancing With the Stars' Shade

"You have to think about it, [when] we started the show, I had never danced before!" Bones said. "She [Burgess] got stuck with someone — she's done [the show with] athletes and people that are, like, super, she got Nick Carter and Antonio Brown – and then all of a sudden she gets Gumby. I cannot believe we won."

The season marked Burgess' first win after 12 seasons competing on the show.

‘Dancing With the Stars’ Announces Season 27 ‘A Night to Remember’ Tour

"This is probably the sweetest win that I could have had over seven [years]," Burgess told ET. "The journey that we had together, what we represented, and to hold a mirrorball trophy at the end of that, it's beautiful."

— Reporting by Angelique Jackson

Jenny McCarthy says she was once asked to ‘act Republican’ while on ‘The View’

Jenny McCarthy is speaking out about her time on "The View."

During an appearance on "Watch What Happens Live" on Tuesday, the "Masked Singer" star, 46, revealed that creator Barbara Walters once wanted her to "act Republican."

"… When I was on there, it was really hilarious, because they initially had me come on to be the pop culture girl because they wanted to change it," McCarthy explained to host Andy Cohen.

"And then Barbara didn’t know who anybody was pop culture-wise," she continued. "And then they came in my dressing room and said, ‘Can you just act Republican so we have another point of view?' And I said, ‘How do I act Republican?’

"Then they figured out how to get a Republican."

Jenny McCarthy pictured here in 2014 as a co-host on ‘The View.’ (Getty)

McCarthy — a co-host on the ABC daytime talk show from 2013 to 2014 — complimented Meghan McCain, who offers a conservative voice on "The View."

“I love her on ‘The View,'" she gushed. "They needed an opposite point of view, in order to be ‘The View’ you need different sides."

Video

JOY BEHAR SNAPS AT MEGHAN MCCAIN ON 'THE VIEW' WHEN ASKED TO HONOR GEORGE H.W. BUSH WITHOUT TRASHING TRUMP 

Since joining the show, McCain, 34, has gotten into multiple heated arguments with co-host Joy Behar.

Most recently, Behar, 76, snapped at McCain for attempting to keep a December 3 segment focused on honoring the late President George H.W. Bush without trashing Trump.